Dammit Prince! I love your music, really, I've been a fan for some 30 years now. Bought most of your albums, have seen you live in more than one country. But when it comes to distributing your music to the audience, get your act together! I understand the struggle with Warner Bros, but that's in the past. I understand you are exploring new ways to distribute your music, but in the long run, you have been serving your biggest of biggest fans only. The tier two, three and four fans are sometimes left in the dark. Tell me, where can we get C-Note, The Chocolate Invasion and The Slaughterhouse now? Except from illegal download. I think nowhere. And giving away cd's for free at a concert is nice, but what if you don't come anywhere near where I live? Do I need to illegally download? I don't like illegal downloads! But hey, there's a solution to this. At least, for anyone with a internet connection: streaming. But no, this is no good to Prince. He needs to earn more money. Or other people get too big a share. Anyhow, fans are deprived of the whole Prince catalogue. Dammit!!
This blog was originally posted on Facebook as a reaction to a post about this article:
Prince Removes Discography From All Streaming Services Except Tidal
Geen opmerkingen:
Een reactie posten